The NVRID Interpreter Testing Scholarship is open to NVRID Associate and Student members who do not currently hold any certification or credential.* The scholarship is designed to assist those members by paying their testing fees for the NIC, BEI, or EIPA written or performance tests. A scholarship will be awarded to one (1) Northern Nevada member AND one (1) Southern Nevada member each fiscal year.** Northern Nevada is defined as residing in Nevada, but outside of Clark County. Southern Nevada is defined as residing in Nevada, within Clark County. Out-of-state members who practice in Nevada are not eligible.
To apply, Applicants must:
1. Be an Associate or Student member of both NVRID & RID.
2. Be registered with the State of Nevada as a Community and/or Educational Interpreter, be a student enrolled in an Interpreter Preparation/Training Program, or be currently working as an Educational Interpreter for a school district located in the state of Nevada.
3. Provide documented pro bono interpreting work and/or volunteer service in the interpreting, Deaf, and/or Hard-of-Hearing communities.
4. Submit a short curriculum vitae or resumé.
5. Submit a short essay indicating their interpreting aspirations and how they plan to support the interpreting, Deaf, and Hard-of-Hearing communities.
6. Provide a letter of recommendation from a Deaf consumer, mentor, and/or fellow NVRID member. Video submissions are accepted.
Previous scholarship recipients are invited to reapply however, they are only eligible to have one (1) scholarship applied to a written examination and one (1) scholarship applied to a performance test. during their lifetime.
The deadline for applying is April 15th, with the Northern Nevada & Southern Nevada Awardees being announced at the annual NVRID Business Meeting.
Please email all application related materials and/or questions to email@example.com and good luck!!
* "Certified" refers to holding any RID recognized certification. "Credentialed" refers to BEI Advanced or above and/or EIPA score 4.0 or above.
3172 North Rainbow Boulevard, # 1437, Las Vegas, NV 89108
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org