The NVRID Pre-Certified Interpreter Testing Scholarship is open to NVRID Associate and Student members who do not currently hold any certification. The scholarship is designed to assist our pre-certified members by paying their testing fees for the NIC or EIPA written or performance tests. A scholarship will be awarded to one Northern Nevada member AND one Southern Nevada member. Northern Nevada is defined as residing in Nevada, but outside of Clark County. Southern Nevada is defined as residing in Nevada, within Clark county. Out-of-state members who practice in Nevada are not eligible.
To apply, Applicants:
1. Must be an associate or student member of both NVRID & RID.
2. Must be registered with the State of Nevada as a Community and/or Educational Interpreter OR be a student enrolled in an Interpreter Preparation/Training Program.
3. Must provide documented pro bono interpreting work and/or NVRID volunteer service.
4. Must submit a short curriculum vitae to include their interpreting aspirations.
5. Must provide a letter of recommendation from a Deaf consumer, mentor, and/or fellow NVRID member/interpreter (Video submissions are acceptable).
6. May only receive one written examination scholarship and one performance scholarship during their lifetime, however, they may receive one of each.
* If no qualified applications are received, a scholarship will not be awarded to that geographical location that fiscal year *
The deadline for applying is April 15th, with the Northern Nevada & Southern Nevada Awardees being announced at the May NVRID Business Meeting.
Please email all application related materials and or questions to email@example.com and good luck!!